Team leaders in the process of consolidation of Gdańsk universities
Supporting consolidation processes is a project carried out jointly by the Medical University of Gdańsk, Gdańsk University of Technology and University of Gdańsk, as part of Daniel Fahrenheit Union of Universities in Gdańsk. Supporting university consolidation processes is a project carried out jointly by the Gdańsk Medical University, the Gdańsk University of Technology, and the University of Gdańsk, within the Daniel Fahrenheit Union of Universities in Gdańsk. Within the project 21 team leaders responsible for various aspects of university integration were appointed. The nominations were handed out on 12 May during the meeting of the representatives of the Union.
Leaders from the Medical University of Gdańsk:
- Prof. Tomasz Bączek, Rector’s Representative for the “Excellence Initiative – Research University” Program, will be responsible for identifying areas of synergy in research;
- Ewa Kiszka, Head of the Department of Internationalization, will prepare the offices of the joint domestic and international organization of incoming employees and students;
- Joanna Śliwińska, Ph.D., university spokesman, who heads the Communication Unit, will be the leader of electronic media.
From Gdańsk University of Technology:
- Prof. Janusz Nieznański, Vice-Rector for Internationalization and Innovation/ Leader of the Team for preparation of federation scenarios and draft Statute of the Federation;
- Prof. Dariusz Mikielewicz, Vice-Rector for Organisation and Development/ Leader of the Team for projections of the consolidated university, identification of synergy areas, and implementation workshops for consolidation initiatives;
- Mariusz Miler, GUT Chancellor/ Team Leader for IT systems commonality;
- Anna Kanarska, Vice-Chancellor for Human Resources/ Team Leader for HR Management Collaboration;
- Krzysztof Kaszuba, Head of Academic Sports Centre/ Team Leader for consolidation in the areas of athletic activities of union colleges;
- Anna Wałek, Ph.D., Head of GUT Library/ Team Leader for the commonality of library resources, repositories, and bibliographic databases;
- Piotr Lewandowski, Vice-Chancellor for Financial Resources /Team Leader for the feasibility study of accounting systems integration;
- Justyna Borkowska, Head of Promotion Unit/Team Leader for media strategy and campaign promoting the idea of consolidation activities;
- Agnieszka Lendzion, Ph.D. / Deputy Head of Unit on the unification of education management and distance learning platforms;
- Damian Kuźniewski, Head of the Center for Knowledge and Technology Transfer/ Team Leader for consolidation of technology transfer centers and university special purpose vehicles;
- Katarzyna Zygmunt, Head of the Document Workflow and Archive/ Team Leader for the organisation of the Daniel Fahrenheit Union of Universities in Gdańsk Office;
- Wojciech Łabiak, Legal Advisor/ Team Leader for Legislative and Legal Affairs of the Fahrenheit Union;
- Anna Gerlach, Chief Specialist in the Chancellor’s Office/Team Leader for Joint Academic Houses Service;
- Ewa Walaszczyk, Head of the Public Procurement /Team Leader for Joint Public Procurement.
On behalf of the University of Gdańsk in the project as leaders participate:
- Prof. Adriana Zaleska-Medynska/ Team Leader for the system of communitization of research infrastructure management at union universities;
- Prof. Adam Prahl/ Team Leader for the preparation of the merger of doctoral schools at union universities;
- Dr. Habil. Paweł Antonowicz, Assoc. Prof. / Team Leader for evaluation of financial consequences of the consolidation;
- Ewa Weronis/ Team Leader for project records.
Prof. Dr. Habil. Michał Markuszewski, Vice-Rector for Science
The activities will be carried out within the framework of the Daniel Fahrenheit Union of Universities in Gdańsk, which consists of the three strongest universities of Pomerania. Through joint initiatives MUG, GUT and UG intend to build the position of Gdańsk as a strong academic center in Poland and abroad.
The Rector’s Representative for the Daniel Fahrenheit Union of Universities in Gdańsk is Prof. Michał Markuszewski, Vice-Rector for Scientific.
- The establishment of the Union by the three leading universities of Pomerania will undoubtedly allow for even better use of their potential and increase their recognition, especially abroad. It will also make it possible to create a strong, organizationally homogeneous, and internationally competitive academic center – emphasizes Vice-Rector Professor Michał Markuszewski.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY UNION IN GDAŃSK
The body supervising the work of the Union is the Assembly, composed of Rectors and Chairpersons of the University Board. The first Chairman of the Assembly until 2022 is Prof. Krzysztof Wilde, Rector of PG, and in subsequent terms – the Rectors of MUG and UG. The management of the Union of Universities is vested in the Director of the Union. This function was entrusted to Prof. Adriana Zaleska-Medyńska from the University of Gdańsk, while Katarzyna Zygmunt from the Gdańsk University of Technology was appointed Deputy Director.
The Daniel Fahrenheit Union of Universities in Gdańsk will have its seat in the building of the Knowledge and Technology Transfer Centre of the Gdańsk University of Technology at 27 Zwycięstwa Ave. More information about the Union of Universities can be found on our website.
photo: Dariusz Giers, Paweł Paszko, Paweł Sudara